Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
ooran dayo

Default Fedora 12 Installation Error: Installs i686 kernel on i386 arch and ...

Hi.* Any help will be much appreciated.* I have installed Fedora 12 on an i386 machine using CD ROM for i386 from projectfedora.org.* The install proceeded in limited graphic mode (assuming this is what the blue screen with grey box with words in the middle indicates).* I noticed that the packages being installed indicate i686 architecture (including the kernel).* Then, when it is finished installing packages, it reboots to text screen (no graphics) requesting login and password.* Logging in as root gives me the su prompt.* No where does it request for me to insert additional cds (such as the second through fifth installation disks).* Can you help me to understand why it loaded i686 instead of i386 (I checked the files which I downloaded and they say i386 on them) and why it does not ask for additional installation media after disk 1?

Also, I tried all other install options including install available on first install page including the rescue option.

Thank you for any support you can provide.