Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
bruce

Default 64 bit fedora 64 bit firefox testing..

hi sam.

the really tricky issue ... is that some browsers on some systems can
see the site with no issue!!!

it only appears to be an issue with the particular 64bit fedora/ff/jave setup...

i've tested the system with 64 bit sun jre, and 64 bit firefox 3.6
as well as 32 bit sun jre, and 32 bit firefox 3.6 (as well as 3.0.11/3.0.18..)

and like i said.. another guy with a 64 bit centos was able to see the
site with no issue..

so i'm wondering if there might be something with the way ff is
interacting with the sun jre although.. when i check firefox against
sites to see if the java pluggin is working..the sites indicate it
is..

if i can talk to someone with a 64bit fedora.. this could help me
track down the issue/error!!

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike Chambers

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 13:04 -0800, bruce wrote:
> hi sam.
>
> the really tricky issue ... is that some browsers on some systems can
> see the site with no issue!!!
>
> it only appears to be an issue with the particular 64bit fedora/ff/jave setup...
>
> i've tested the system with 64 bit sun jre, and 64 bit firefox 3.6
> as well as 32 bit sun jre, and 32 bit firefox 3.6 (as well as 3.0.11/3.0.18..)
>
> and like i said.. another guy with a 64 bit centos was able to see the
> site with no issue..
>
> so i'm wondering if there might be something with the way ff is
> interacting with the sun jre although.. when i check firefox against
> sites to see if the java pluggin is working..the sites indicate it
> is..
>
> if i can talk to someone with a 64bit fedora.. this could help me
> track down the issue/error!!

If we had an address to the site, that might be a little helpful. And
anyone with 64bit fedora and see it, and can report back if good or bad?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
bruce

hey mike!!

my thoughts exactly... except i've screwed something up and killed the
site.. i get a bunch of java/tomcat errs now...

if i can figure it out.. i'll definitely get back to the list...

thanks!