Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Sawrub

Default XFCE configs location

I installed xfce desktop long back and uninstalled it. Yesterday when i
retried after doing a new "yum groupinstall XFCE"
all the settings that i had in my previous installations were picked
back. I guess the configs were not removed from the system at that
time, finding the same i uninstalled the environemnt and now when i
query the hidden files under my home directory for xfce there is no
results. I guess that they are some where else.

Please guide how can i make a fresh new install of xfce.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644

Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:47:24 +0530
Sawrub <luckysharma11@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed xfce desktop long back and uninstalled it. Yesterday when
> i retried after doing a new "yum groupinstall XFCE" all the settings
> that i had in my previous installations were picked back. I guess the
> configs were not removed from the system at that time, finding the
> same i uninstalled the environemnt and now when i query the hidden
> files under my home directory for xfce there is no results. I guess
> that they are some where else.
>
> Please guide how can i make a fresh new install of xfce.

Xfce stores it's config in ~/.config/xfce4/ for the most part. Some of
it's apps store config in ~/.config/<appname>/

So, you should be able to move aside the ~/config dir and get a fresh
setup.

kevin

Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Dominic Hopf

Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 22:47 +0530 schrieb Sawrub:
> I installed xfce desktop long back and uninstalled it. Yesterday when
> i retried after doing a new "yum groupinstall XFCE" all the settings
> that i had in my previous installations were picked back. I guess the
> configs were not removed from the system at that time, finding the
> same i uninstalled the environemnt and now when i query the hidden
> files under my home directory for xfce there is no results. I guess
> that they are some where else.
>
> Please guide how can i make a fresh new install of xfce.

Hi Sawrub,
please have a look at ~/.config/. You will find any Xfce configuration
file or directory there.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy@googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D

Old 02-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Sawrub

On 02/21/2010 11:24 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:47:24 +0530
> Sawrub<luckysharma11@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I installed xfce desktop long back and uninstalled it. Yesterday when
>> i retried after doing a new "yum groupinstall XFCE" all the settings
>> that i had in my previous installations were picked back. I guess the
>> configs were not removed from the system at that time, finding the
>> same i uninstalled the environemnt and now when i query the hidden
>> files under my home directory for xfce there is no results. I guess
>> that they are some where else.
>>
>> Please guide how can i make a fresh new install of xfce.
>>
> Xfce stores it's config in ~/.config/xfce4/ for the most part. Some of
> it's apps store config in ~/.config/<appname>/
>
> So, you should be able to move aside the ~/config dir and get a fresh
> setup.
>
> kevin

Thanks to all who responded, i'm there and will be playing around.