Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Matt Smith

Default logitech mouse problem - fedora 12

I have a logitech wireless mouse.* I am running gnome (fedora-12).. I recently switched to Linux and everything has been fine.* out of nowhere i am now not able to drag windows, close them, expand, or minimize them once i open them.* seems like it is a mouse problem.* the left button does nothing and i cant seem to grab and drag the window, whether i open the terminal or firefox i cannot do anything once i open it, its like once opening my left button just becomes disabled, to close i have to use alt+F4... any ideas?* (ps the button does work within the window itself, for example i can click on links within the web browser)

thanks

Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 10:51 -0500, Matt Smith wrote:
> I have a logitech wireless mouse. I am running gnome (fedora-12).. I
> recently switched to Linux and everything has been fine. out of
> nowhere i am now not able to drag windows, close them, expand, or
> minimize them once i open them. seems like it is a mouse problem.
> the left button does nothing and i cant seem to grab and drag the
> window, whether i open the terminal or firefox i cannot do anything
> once i open it, its like once opening my left button just becomes
> disabled, to close i have to use alt+F4... any ideas? (ps the button
> does work within the window itself, for example i can click on links
> within the web browser)

Stupid question: have you tried changing the battery?

poc

Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
fedora

Did you check to see, whether your Display manager is running? Display
manager (for Gnome), by default, is metacity.
to check:
ps xa |grep metacity

to restart:
metacity --replace &

if you selected a different Display Manager, issue commands accordingly.

suomi