Old 02-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Vincent Onelli

Default Firefox lockup after last update

Hello,
Today after last update Firefox lockup every time. I toke the following
steps in try to fix what ever went wrong, I first execute "yum reinstall
firefox" no change then "yum update firefox" again no change so I
decided to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it so now it does not
load at all.
any suggestion?
Vinny

Old 02-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net> wrote:

> Today after last update Firefox lockup every time. I toke
> the following
> steps in try to fix what ever went wrong, I first execute
> "yum reinstall
> firefox" no change then "yum update firefox" again no
> change so I
> decided to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it so now
> it does not
> load at all.
> any suggestion?

What does 'yum info Firefox' report?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Vincent Onelli

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:47:47 -0800 (PST)
> From: Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com>

> --- On Sat, 2/20/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > Today after last update Firefox lockup every time. I toke
> > the following
> > steps in try to fix what ever went wrong, I first execute
> > "yum reinstall
> > firefox" no change then "yum update firefox" again no
> > change so I
> > decided to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it so now
> > it does not
> > load at all.
> > any suggestion?
>
> What does 'yum info Firefox' report?

[vinny@laptop ~]$ yum info Firefox
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B
00:00
adobe-linux-i386
17/17
updates/metalink | 14 kB
00:00
Installed Packages
Name : firefox
Arch : i586
Version : 3.5.8
Release : 1.fc11
Size : 17 M
Repo : installed
>From repo : updates
: standards compliance, performance and portability.

[vinny@laptop ~]$

Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Sun, 2/21/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net> wrote:

> > From: Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com>
>
> > --- On Sat, 2/20/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Today after last update Firefox lockup every
> time. I toke
> > > the following
> > > steps in try to fix what ever went wrong, I first
> execute
> > > "yum reinstall
> > > firefox" no change then "yum update firefox"
> again no
> > > change so I
> > > decided to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall
> it so now
> > > it does not
> > > load at all.
> > > any suggestion?
> >
> > What does 'yum info Firefox' report?
> >
> [vinny@laptop ~]$ yum info Firefox
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> adobe-linux-i386* * * * * *
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * ***|*
> 951 B
> 00:00* ***
> adobe-linux-i386
> 17/17
> updates/metalink* * * * * *
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * ***|*
> 14 kB
> 00:00* ***
> Installed Packages
> Name* * ***: firefox
> Arch* * ***: i586
> Version* * : 3.5.8
> Release* * : 1.fc11
> Size* * ***: 17 M
> Repo* * ***: installed
> >From repo* : updates
> Summary* * : Mozilla Firefox Web browser
> URL* * * * : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
> License* * : MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+
> designed for
> * * * * ***: standards
> compliance, performance and portability.

Are you running Fedora 11? 32-bit or 64-bit? What's your hardware?