Old 02-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Mail Llists

Default power/battery applet shows bad/odd information

I just put in a new battery and charged it. The acpi info (which is
correctly displayed by the power applet compared with /proc/acpi/battery is:

Acpi Data
Design Capacity - 84.2
Current Charge - 88.0
Last Full Charge - 88.5

Now this looks pretty good to me - I have charged it to just over the
design capacity and it is at present fully charged:

The power applet however has other (odd) ideas and interprets this data
as follows:

Applet Interpretation
Percent Charged - 99.5
Capacity - 0.3% (poor)