Old 02-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Alan Milnes

Default Fedora 12 doesn't recognise Firewire Drive

My newly installed F12 doesn't recognise my external Firewire drive.

lspci shows the following:-
04:09.4 FireWire (IEEE 1394): ALi Corporation M5253 P1394 OHCI 1.1 Controller

I have the following installed packages which seem to be related to firewire support:-

libraw1394.x86_64********************* 2.0.4-1.fc12******************
libiec61883.x86_64******************** 1.2.0-3.fc12

Google doesn't provide any useful hints, anyone able to help me here?

TIA

Alan

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Aioanei Rares

On 02/19/2010 10:59 PM, Alan Milnes wrote:
> My newly installed F12 doesn't recognise my external Firewire drive.
>
> lspci shows the following:-
> 04:09.4 FireWire (IEEE 1394): ALi Corporation M5253 P1394 OHCI 1.1
> Controller
>
> I have the following installed packages which seem to be related to
> firewire support:-
> libraw1394.x86_64 2.0.4-1.fc12
> libiec61883.x86_64 1.2.0-3.fc12
>
> Google doesn't provide any useful hints, anyone able to help me here?
>
> TIA
>
> Alan
Send your dmesg with / without the drive connected.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Aioanei Rares

Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Fernando Henrique

Did you tried load spb2 module ?

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Alan Milnes <asm@linux.com> wrote:
> My newly installed F12 doesn't recognise my external Firewire drive.
>
> lspci shows the following:-
> 04:09.4 FireWire (IEEE 1394): ALi Corporation M5253 P1394 OHCI 1.1
> Controller
>
> I have the following installed packages which seem to be related to firewire
> support:-
> libraw1394.x86_64********************* 2.0.4-1.fc12
> libiec61883.x86_64******************** 1.2.0-3.fc12
>
> Google doesn't provide any useful hints, anyone able to help me here?
>
> TIA
>
> Alan

LUN : #257752.

http://www.liquuid.net