Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Sawrub

Default debuginfo for ABRT

On my Fedora 12 system, all of the 'debuginfo'
[rawhide-debuginfo,fedora-debuginfo,updates-debuginfo,updates-testing-debuginfo]
are disabled by default in the corresponding repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/.
As debuginfo-install makes use of these for retrieving all the
information for crash reporting, this should not work but still in
present case ABRT can download the debuginfo packages. How is all this
gettig possible.

Please guide if i'm missing any thing, thanks in advance.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644

Old 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Aioanei Rares

On 02/19/2010 10:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
> On my Fedora 12 system, all of the 'debuginfo'
> [rawhide-debuginfo,fedora-debuginfo,updates-debuginfo,updates-testing-debuginfo]
> are disabled by default in the corresponding repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/.
> As debuginfo-install makes use of these for retrieving all the
> information for crash reporting, this should not work but still in
> present case ABRT can download the debuginfo packages. How is all this
> gettig possible.
>
> Please guide if i'm missing any thing, thanks in advance.

yum --enablerepo <repository>

Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Sawrub

On 02/20/2010 02:20 AM, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On 02/19/2010 10:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
>> On my Fedora 12 system, all of the 'debuginfo'
>> [rawhide-debuginfo,fedora-debuginfo,updates-debuginfo,updates-testing-debuginfo]
>>
>> are disabled by default in the corresponding repo's under
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/.
>> As debuginfo-install makes use of these for retrieving all the
>> information for crash reporting, this should not work but still in
>> present case ABRT can download the debuginfo packages. How is all this
>> gettig possible.
>>
>> Please guide if i'm missing any thing, thanks in advance.
>>
> yum --enablerepo <repository>

Do you mean to say that ABRT enables them at run time.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Tony Nelson

On 10-02-19 15:50:36, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On 02/19/2010 10:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
> > On my Fedora 12 system, all of the 'debuginfo'
> > [rawhide-debuginfo,fedora-debuginfo,updates-debuginfo,updates-
> > testing-debuginfo] are disabled by default in the corresponding
> > repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/. As debuginfo-install makes use
> > of these for retrieving all the information for crash reporting,
> > this should not work but still in present case ABRT can download
> > the debuginfo packages. How is all this gettig possible.

ABRT doesn't use the yum configuration nor does it install the
debuginfo packages where yum would install them.

> > Please guide if i'm missing any thing, thanks in advance.
> >

> yum --enablerepo <repository>

True but irrelevant, as ABRT doesn't use a yum command line.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Sawrub

On 02/20/2010 03:31 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 10-02-19 15:50:36, Aioanei Rares wrote:
>
>> On 02/19/2010 10:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
>>
>>> On my Fedora 12 system, all of the 'debuginfo'
>>> [rawhide-debuginfo,fedora-debuginfo,updates-debuginfo,updates-
>>> testing-debuginfo] are disabled by default in the corresponding
>>> repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/. As debuginfo-install makes use
>>> of these for retrieving all the information for crash reporting,
>>> this should not work but still in present case ABRT can download
>>> the debuginfo packages. How is all this gettig possible.
>>>
> ABRT doesn't use the yum configuration nor does it install the
> debuginfo packages where yum would install them.
>

>>> Please guide if i'm missing any thing, thanks in advance.
>>>

>> yum --enablerepo<repository>
>>
> True but irrelevant, as ABRT doesn't use a yum command line.

Then how does is it getting posible for ABRT to download the packeges,
its makes use of YUM as i understand from the following lines copied
from manual available for debuginfo-install [man debuginfo-install] used
by ABRT for installing of debuginfo's.

---snip---
FILES
As debuginfo-install uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the
informa-
tion, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values
like which
repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details:

/etc/yum.conf
/etc/yum/repos.d/
/var/cache/yum/
---snip---

Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Tony Nelson

On 10-02-19 23:01:46, Sawrub wrote:
> On 02/20/2010 03:31 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:

> > True but irrelevant, as ABRT doesn't use a yum command line.
> >

> Then how does is it getting posible for ABRT to download the
> packeges,
>
> its makes use of YUM as i understand from the following lines copied
> from manual available for debuginfo-install [man debuginfo-install]
> used by ABRT for installing of debuginfo's.

ABRT doesn't use debuginfo-install, it uses abrt-debuginfo-install,
which is run by abrtd, running as a daemon (root).
abrt-debuginfo-install (a shell script) puts the packages it gets
into /var/cache/abrt, rather than installing them normally, so they
will need to be downloaded again if they are to be used for local
debugging.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Sawrub

On 02/20/2010 11:22 PM, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 10-02-19 23:01:46, Sawrub wrote:
>
>> On 02/20/2010 03:31 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:
>>

>>> True but irrelevant, as ABRT doesn't use a yum command line.
>>>

>> Then how does is it getting posible for ABRT to download the
>> packeges,
>>
>> its makes use of YUM as i understand from the following lines copied
>> from manual available for debuginfo-install [man debuginfo-install]
>> used by ABRT for installing of debuginfo's.

> ABRT doesn't use debuginfo-install, it uses abrt-debuginfo-install,
> which is run by abrtd, running as a daemon (root).
> abrt-debuginfo-install (a shell script) puts the packages it gets
> into /var/cache/abrt, rather than installing them normally, so they
> will need to be downloaded again if they are to be used for local
> debugging.

I don't think so that there is something like 'abrt-debuginfo-install'
that is used by ABRT, the following blog makes things clear to me.
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/06/29/abrt-and-pk-debuginfo-install/

Old 02-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Tony Nelson

On 10-02-20 13:06:55, Sawrub wrote:

> I don't think so that there is something like 'abrt-debuginfo-
> install' that is used by ABRT, the following blog makes things clear
> to me.
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/06/29/abrt-and-pk-debuginfo-
> install/

You can believe an old blog page or you can believe `rpm -ql abrt`. In
any event, ABRT uses abrt-debuginfo-install, which is a shell script
readable by anyone who wants to learn what ABRT does to install
debuginfo packages..

Old 02-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Sawrub

On 02/20/2010 11:52 PM, Tony Nelson wrote:

On 10-02-20 13:06:55, Sawrub wrote:

I don't think so that there is something like 'abrt-debuginfo-
install' that is used by ABRT, the following blog makes things clear
to me.
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/06/29/abrt-and-pk-debuginfo-
install/

You can believe an old blog page or you can believe `rpm -ql abrt`. In
any event, ABRT uses abrt-debuginfo-install, which is a shell script
readable by anyone who wants to learn what ABRT does to install
debuginfo packages..

Hmmm...thats a solid one* (^_^)/((^_^)/(^_^)/^_^)/.

So per following code 'yumdownloader --disablerepo="*"
--enablerepo="fedora-debuginfo*" --enablerepo="updates-debuginfo*"
--quiet $pkg >>yumdownloader.OUT 2>&1'* in this script.
yumdownloader is used for all this.

Thanks for your time and help, its clear now.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Geoffrey Leach

I'd like to load debuginfo for abrt from the command line. Anyone know
how to do thia?

Thanks.