Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Don Quixote de la Mancha

Default I'm on CNN at 1:30 Pacific Time

I will be appearing live on CNN at 1:30 Pacific Time today - in 35
minutes - to comment on the experience of fellow software consultant
Joe Stack, who burned down his house today then crashed his airplane
into an IRS office.

CNN Googled up this page of mine:

http://www.goingware.com/notes/recruiters.html

Gotta Run!

Michael David Crawford
aka Don Quixote de la Mancha
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@dulcineatech.com

Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Mike Chambers

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 12:56 -0800, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> I will be appearing live on CNN at 1:30 Pacific Time today - in 35
> minutes - to comment on the experience of fellow software consultant
> Joe Stack, who burned down his house today then crashed his airplane
> into an IRS office.
>
> CNN Googled up this page of mine:
>
> http://www.goingware.com/notes/recruiters.html

Saw the last 2-5 minutes of it, so really missed the whole conversation
mostly.

Guess need to read up on the news bout this.

Got a celebrity among us haha.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Dan Burkland

That's one way to get on TV....

Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Jim

On 02/18/2010 03:56 PM, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> I will be appearing live on CNN at 1:30 Pacific Time today - in 35
> minutes - to comment on the experience of fellow software consultant
> Joe Stack, who burned down his house today then crashed his airplane
> into an IRS office.
>
> CNN Googled up this page of mine:
>
> http://www.goingware.com/notes/recruiters.html
>
> Gotta Run!
>
> Michael David Crawford
> aka Don Quixote de la Mancha

I caught you on CNN and I was totally surprise that this could happen to
a self employed person.
I bet Microsoft is getting a kick out this, by keeping programmers under
control.
I hope congress does something about this.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Don Quixote de la Mancha

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Mike Chambers <mike@miketc.net> wrote:
> Saw the last 2-5 minutes of it, so really missed the whole conversation
> mostly.

My whole CNN interview is on YouTube - I just hope you don't run 64-bit. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhLV7jydPJ8

I did a much-longer taped interview later yesterday afternoon with
KGO, a local San Francisco station. I'll try to find it on their
website if I can.

I'm getting ready to submit a story about my whole experience, and
Joe's distress over the Section 1706 tax code to the Kuro5hin
community website:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/

If you sign up as a member, you can then click the "Moderate
Submissions" link. There you will be able to see my essay while it is
being considered by the moderators.

There is a $5 troll suppression fee required to vote or to post
comments, but just to read a story in the Edit Queue without actually
commenting is free of charge.

I'll post my story within the hour.

Don Quixote

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@dulcineatech.com

Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
"Erik P. Olsen"

On 19/02/10 10:05, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Mike Chambers<mike@miketc.net> wrote:
>> Saw the last 2-5 minutes of it, so really missed the whole conversation
>> mostly.
>
> My whole CNN interview is on YouTube - I just hope you don't run 64-bit. xD
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhLV7jydPJ8

64-bit worked just fine.

--
Erik

Old 02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Don Quixote de la Mancha

I wrote:
> I did a much-longer taped interview later yesterday afternoon with
> KGO, a local San Francisco station.

It's now online. I appear towards the end. But I'm having some
trouble with the video playback; maybe KGO's server can't handle the
load:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=7286291

I never really appreciated just how much I look like Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.

> I'm getting ready to submit a story about my whole experience, and
> Joe's distress over the Section 1706 tax code to the Kuro5hin
> community website:
>
> * http://www.kuro5hin.org/
>
> If you sign up as a member, you can then click the "Moderate
> Submissions" link. *There you will be able to see my essay while it is
> being considered by the moderators.

If you're a logged-in Kuro5hin member, you can get to the Edit and
Voting Queues by clicking:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/modsub

My essay is at:

Making Sense of the Senseless, Or, Me and My Buddy Joe
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2010/2/19/83613/4844

Until the story is approved by the Kuro5hin membership, that link will
only work if you're a logged-in K5 member.

> There is a $5 troll suppression fee required to vote or to post
> comments, but just to read a story in the Edit Queue without actually
> commenting is free of charge.

Michael David Crawford
Slayer of Windmills
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@dulcineatech.com

Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Gene Heskett

On Friday 19 February 2010, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
>I wrote:
>> I did a much-longer taped interview later yesterday afternoon with
>> KGO, a local San Francisco station.
>
>It's now online. I appear towards the end. But I'm having some
>trouble with the video playback; maybe KGO's server can't handle the
>load:
>
>http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=7286291
>
>I never really appreciated just how much I look like Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
>
>> I'm getting ready to submit a story about my whole experience, and
>> Joe's distress over the Section 1706 tax code to the Kuro5hin
>> community website:
>>
>> http://www.kuro5hin.org/
>>
>> If you sign up as a member, you can then click the "Moderate
>> Submissions" link. There you will be able to see my essay while it is
>> being considered by the moderators.
>
>If you're a logged-in Kuro5hin member, you can get to the Edit and
>Voting Queues by clicking:
>
>http://www.kuro5hin.org/modsub
>
>My essay is at:
>
> Making Sense of the Senseless, Or, Me and My Buddy Joe
> http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2010/2/19/83613/4844
>
>Until the story is approved by the Kuro5hin membership, that link will
>only work if you're a logged-in K5 member.

I am ambivalent about this story, primarily because access to the real story
is denied to the general, casual reader. The links provided so far are only
to aired snippets that have been quite filtered as to any meaningful, make a
determination as to whose side of the story one should really be on, data.

TBT, this casual reader has had his own share of troubles with the IRS, but
that was all because of a 2nd wife/bitch that flew the coop leaving me
holding the bag. And this 'casual reader' isn't about to pay, exposing my
CC info yet again, to be able to read your story. Until then, I believe the
innuendo is not appropriate for this list.

>> There is a $5 troll suppression fee required to vote or to post
>> comments, but just to read a story in the Edit Queue without actually
>> commenting is free of charge.

Sorry Michael, I didn't find anything but a login block at that address,
hence my reticence to comment on the 'facts' since they are being hidden from
us behind a $5.00 toll gate.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Don't worry so loud, your roommate can't think.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Don Quixote de la Mancha

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
> I am ambivalent about this story, primarily because access to the real story
> is denied to the general, casual reader. *The links provided so far are only
> to aired snippets that have been quite filtered as to any meaningful, make a
> determination as to whose side of the story one should really be on, data.
>
> TBT, this casual reader has had his own share of troubles with the IRS, but
> that was all because of a 2nd wife/bitch that flew the coop leaving me
> holding the bag. * And this 'casual reader' isn't about to pay, exposing my
> CC info yet again, to be able to read your story. *Until then, I believe the
> innuendo is not appropriate for this list.

The requirement that one sign up as a member to read my story while it
is in the Edit or Voting Queues, will persist only until my story is
(hopefully) approved by the membership. At that point, it will be
freely available to any anonymous user, without any requirement to
sign up or to pay anything at all. I expect that it will post by
Saturday evening or so.

> Sorry Michael, I didn't find anything but a login block at that address,
> hence my reticence to comment on the 'facts' since they are being hidden from
> us behind a $5.00 toll gate.

Kuro5hin's five dollar "entrance fee" has been the topic of loud and
frequent protests the whole time it has been in force. Unfortunately,
because of the "spirited" nature of the typical Kuron, the fee is the
only solution that has been found to keep the trolls from completely
overrunning the place.

I'll let you know when it posts publicly. Also when I get home from
work, I plan to mirror the whole piece on my own website, where it
will be just a static HTML page, with nary a web application, nor even
a cookie anywhere near the place.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@dulcineatech.com

Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Mail Llists

On 02/19/2010 03:30 PM, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:

Fedora list is not appropriate for this - please take this elsewhere.

Thank you