Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Default thunderbird 3.0 filters and tagging

Does anyone use a combination of filters to tag messages? I attempted to
set one up today, but it doesn't tag the messages I created filters for.
I wanted to see if I was missing something before filing a bug.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Mikkel

On 02/16/2010 10:23 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Does anyone use a combination of filters to tag messages? I attempted to
> set one up today, but it doesn't tag the messages I created filters for.
> I wanted to see if I was missing something before filing a bug.

Could you give us a better idea of what you are trying to do? It may
be that you are going about it the wrong way.

For example, I have one filter rule that requires that the message
pass 2 tests, and then has two actions preformed on it. One is to
tag the message, and the other is to move it to another folder.
Remember, you can require that the message passes all, the tests, or
any one of several tests. You can also that run at specific stages
of mail handling, or are only run manually. Also, the order that you
run the filters is important - you can have a case were a rule that
is run ahead of your filter redirects the message so your filter
never sees it.

Mikkel

Old 02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Mikkel wrote:
> Could you give us a better idea of what you are trying to do? It may
> be that you are going about it the wrong way.
>
> For example, I have one filter rule that requires that the message
> pass 2 tests, and then has two actions preformed on it. One is to
> tag the message, and the other is to move it to another folder.
> Remember, you can require that the message passes all, the tests, or
> any one of several tests. You can also that run at specific stages
> of mail handling, or are only run manually. Also, the order that you
> run the filters is important - you can have a case were a rule that
> is run ahead of your filter redirects the message so your filter
> never sees it.

Doh! It was set to "match all" instead of "match any".

Thanks.