Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Chris Smart

Default Rawhide: How to confirm use of gallium with nouveau?

Rawhide provides 3D support for NVIDIA cards with the nouveau driver,
via package mesa-dri-drivers-experimental.

Is there a way to confirm that I'm using the gallium driver and not
something else? glxinfo outputs the vendor as "nouveau" and I do get
about 1000fps, but I thought I saw the vendor as "gallium" somewhere,
rather than nouveau.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Chris Smart

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Chris Smart <mail@christophersmart.com> wrote:

> Any ideas?

Nevermind, I found where I saw it. Vendor should be nouveau, but the
renderer should be "Gallium3D" which mine is.

For anyone interested, KDE desktop effects don't work - at least not
with my GT8800 card.

Thanks.
-c