Old 02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

Default Spot's chromium repo temporary removed

Hello,

Recently i got those errors on yum:

http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F12/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F12/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F12/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F12/repodata/primary.xml.gz
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from chromium: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

when i opened http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/ , i found this
message [README.txt]:

These packages have been temporarily removed, due to legal concerns
with some of the included code.

so the question is:

is there another binaries for f12 i686 ? or we just switch to google
chrome (not open source)

Thanks for advance,
Best regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Mail Lists

On 02/15/2010 06:09 PM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
the question is:

> is there another binaries for f12 i686 ? or we just switch to google
> chrome (not open source)
>

> Thanks for advance,
> Best regards.

His version didnt work properly - java was not working - dont know why
- he never responded best I can tell.

You're better off using google-chrome - it works. You will need to use
a java with the new API (such as sun java) tho I hear rumors the iced
flea version will support it at some point in the future.

ie you will need a link in /opt/google/chrome/plugins to libnpjp2.so
and flash of course.

I am using it and it updated fine with yum - it )the beta) is already
a huge improvement over firefox ...

gene