Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 AM

Default stopping named just hangs.

This is not a serious problem, but it is a pain in the neck.
Up until today I ran named in a chroot jail, and when I did a

/etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop

Or when I tried to reboot the system, things hung when we got
to the point of stopping named.

I always assumed this had something to do with the chroot jail,
tho it wasnt clear why this should be a problem.

Today, I reinstalled named, and am running it as a standard process,
no chroot jail.

Same problem, trying to do

/etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop

it still hangs.

So WHY doesnt named honor the 'stop'?
Are other people seeing this?
And, is there a change to the init.d file to actually make named stop?

--
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com

Old 02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Mike Cloaked

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Reg Clemens [via Fedora Users]
<ml-node+204412-906916722@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
> This is not a serious problem, but it is a pain in the neck.
> Up until today I ran named in a chroot jail, and when I did a
>
> * * * * /etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop
>
> Or when I tried to reboot the system, things hung when we got
> to the point of stopping named.
>
> I always assumed this had something to do with the chroot jail,
> tho it wasnt clear why this should be a problem.
>
> Today, I reinstalled named, and am running it as a standard process,
> no chroot jail.
>
> Same problem, trying to do

You will likely need to provide some more information about your
configs - like the contents of your named.conf file and perhaps
/etc/sysconfig/named and perhaps this is related to the recent dnssec
conf in which case your /etc/named.dnssec.keys or
/etc/pki/dnssec-keys/named.dnssec.keys files - mostly named is working
provided the config files are set up correctly.

Provide more information and then people may be able to advise.

--
mike