Old 02-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Tobias Ringström

Default Left rotated display one pixel too wide

I'm using a dual rotated 1280x1024 monitor setup with Fedora 12, and
there a funny little issue with the display size, or rather applications
idea of display size, because both the desktop background and the GNOME
Panel protrude one pixel into the right display.

It's not really a big problem but it's a little annoying, both because
it looks bad, and because the extra panel pixel interfere with window
movement on the right display.

Any idea of how to investigate further, or where to file a bug report?

/Tobias

Old 02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Tony Nelson

On 10-02-12 01:52:16, Tobias Ringström wrote:
> I'm using a dual rotated 1280x1024 monitor setup with Fedora 12, and
> there a funny little issue with the display size, or rather
> applications idea of display size, because both the desktop
> background and the GNOME Panel protrude one pixel into the right
> display.
>
> It's not really a big problem but it's a little annoying, both
> because it looks bad, and because the extra panel pixel interfere
> with window movement on the right display.
>
> Any idea of how to investigate further, or where to file a bug
> report?

How about: install another Desktop Environment (something small),
set up a user with it, and see if it still happens. If so, complain
about Xorg, otherwise complain about Gnome.