Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Sawrub

Default Thinderbird and Google Chrome

Hi All,

I have been facing an issue with Thinderbird and its sync-up Google
Chrome for a couple of days. Setting Google Chrome as the default
browser and clicking any URL in a mail under Thunderbird opens up Google
Chrome with Home page, but the URL is not loaded, while when i do the
same with Mozilla Firefox , the instance is started and the URL is loaded.
Also if there is an instance of Google Chrome runnig, clicking of a URL
will not open up a new tab in the current session compared to Firefox
but besides will be opening up a new session with home page loaded.Can
anyone guide me how to solve this.
Just to mention, trying to open a URL appearing in the Gnome Terminal
works perfectly fine, as the same loads up in Google Chrome just as
expected.

Installed Packages
firefox.x86_64 3.5.6-1.fc12
@updates
gnome-terminal.x86_64 2.28.2-1.fc12
@updates
google-chrome-beta.x86_64 4.0.249.43-34537
@google64
thunderbird.x86_64 3.0.1-1.fc12
@updates

The issue have been fixed for Thunderbird 2 by changing the
settings in the Config Editor, but the same is not working in F12 and
Thunderbird 3. [http://tinyurl.com/yawfk38]

--

Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644

Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Sawrub

On 02/11/2010 08:04 AM, Sawrub wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been facing an issue with Thinderbird and its sync-up Google
> Chrome for a couple of days. Setting Google Chrome as the default
> browser and clicking any URL in a mail under Thunderbird opens up Google
> Chrome with Home page, but the URL is not loaded, while when i do the
> same with Mozilla Firefox , the instance is started and the URL is
> loaded.
> Also if there is an instance of Google Chrome runnig, clicking of a URL
> will not open up a new tab in the current session compared to Firefox
> but besides will be opening up a new session with home page loaded.Can
> anyone guide me how to solve this.
> Just to mention, trying to open a URL appearing in the Gnome Terminal
> works perfectly fine, as the same loads up in Google Chrome just as
> expected.
>
> Installed Packages
> firefox.x86_64 3.5.6-1.fc12
> @updates
> gnome-terminal.x86_64 2.28.2-1.fc12
> @updates
> google-chrome-beta.x86_64 4.0.249.43-34537
> @google64
> thunderbird.x86_64 3.0.1-1.fc12
> @updates
>
> The issue have been fixed for Thunderbird 2 by changing the
> settings in the Config Editor, but the same is not working in F12 and
> Thunderbird 3. [http://tinyurl.com/yawfk38]

Sorry for the duplicat mail i just noticed that the last one was sent
over with 'users@lists.fedoraproject.org' as the subject. Considering it
to have gone in the SPAM, I sent out the new.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
"Hegge, Johnathan"

On 02/10/2010 08:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been facing an issue with Thinderbird and its sync-up Google
> Chrome for a couple of days. Setting Google Chrome as the default
> browser and clicking any URL in a mail under Thunderbird opens up Google
> Chrome with Home page, but the URL is not loaded, while when i do the
> same with Mozilla Firefox , the instance is started and the URL is loaded.
> Also if there is an instance of Google Chrome runnig, clicking of a URL
> will not open up a new tab in the current session compared to Firefox
> but besides will be opening up a new session with home page loaded.Can
> anyone guide me how to solve this.
> Just to mention, trying to open a URL appearing in the Gnome Terminal
> works perfectly fine, as the same loads up in Google Chrome just as
> expected.
>
> Installed Packages
> firefox.x86_64 3.5.6-1.fc12
> @updates
> gnome-terminal.x86_64 2.28.2-1.fc12
> @updates
> google-chrome-beta.x86_64 4.0.249.43-34537
> @google64
> thunderbird.x86_64 3.0.1-1.fc12
> @updates
>
> The issue have been fixed for Thunderbird 2 by changing the
> settings in the Config Editor, but the same is not working in F12 and
> Thunderbird 3. [http://tinyurl.com/yawfk38]

I noticed the same effect in F12. I'd switched from firefox to chrome
in System -> Preferred Applications -> Web Browsers. This morning I
checked that setting again.

Chrome wasn't selected, it changed to custom. Changing the preference
back to Chrome corrected the issue for me.