Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
François Patte

Default question about partition mounted by hal

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
"Bryn M. Reeves"

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 22:57 +0100, François Patte wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> For some reason (which I totally ignore...) hal mounts a partition on
> /media/_1
>
> I have 4 disks 2 main disks are for the system and data (raid-1 and lvm)
> and 2 other disks (from previous install) they are used for backup and
> other data.
>
> One of these last disks (sdd) has a small partition (sdd1) which was a
> former / when this disk was used for the system. The other partition
> (sdd2) on this disk is lvm and mounted for backups.
>
> hal mounts sdd1 on /media/_1
>
> I don't know why and I don't know how....
>
> The only thing I can see is :
>
> /dev/sdd1 on /media/_1 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal)

Does the device have a label on it? This is what's usually used to
derive the name of the mountpoint.

Running blkid on the device should show if this is the case, e.g.:

$ sudo blkid /dev/loop0
/dev/loop0: LABEL="alabel" UUID="6ed859a5-f470-4995-9311-5f92062036c4"
SEC_TYPE="ext2" TYPE="ext3"

I'm faking this with a loop device as I had no spare partitions on this
box to show it with but if that is the case for you then you can change
the label using the e2label command (for ext2/3/4 file systems).

Regards,
Bryn.