-   -   question about Geany (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/323952-question-about-geany.html)

Germán "A. Racca" 02-10-2010 06:56 PM

question about Geany

Hi list:

I created a template file to write my Fortran 77 programs when using
Geany.

It happens that Geany doesn't highlight the Fortran sentences when using
tabs as indentation, but it does when using spaces, even though the
selected indentation type is "tabs". I don't like using spaces.

Here is a screenshot for a better explanation:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gracca/Cosas#5436703061731250226

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Germán.
--
Germán A. Racca
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)

Frank Cox 02-10-2010 07:07 PM

question about Geany

http://www.geany.org/Support/Bugs

Dominic Hopf 02-13-2010 10:45 PM

question about Geany

Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2010, 14:07 -0600 schrieb Frank Cox:
> On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 17:56 -0200, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> > I created a template file to write my Fortran 77 programs when using
> > Geany.
> >
> > It happens that Geany doesn't highlight the Fortran sentences when
> > using
> > tabs as indentation, but it does when using spaces, even though the
> > selected indentation type is "tabs". I don't like using spaces.
>
> http://www.geany.org/Support/Bugs

Hi Germán,
not sure what you mean when your talking about Fortran sentences since I
don't know Fortran that good. I assume it's the keyword stop? I any way,
as Frank wrote it's an upstream issue which may better be solved at
Geany directly. Have a look at the link Frank wrote and geany.org in
general, there are some hints on how to get support. :)

Best Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy@googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D

Germán "A. Racca" 02-18-2010 12:02 AM

question about Geany

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 00:45 +0100, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2010, 14:07 -0600 schrieb Frank Cox:
> > On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 17:56 -0200, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> > > I created a template file to write my Fortran 77 programs when using
> > > Geany.
> > >
> > > It happens that Geany doesn't highlight the Fortran sentences when
> > > using
> > > tabs as indentation, but it does when using spaces, even though the
> > > selected indentation type is "tabs". I don't like using spaces.
> >
> > http://www.geany.org/Support/Bugs
>
> Hi Germán,
> not sure what you mean when your talking about Fortran sentences since I
> don't know Fortran that good. I assume it's the keyword stop? I any way,
> as Frank wrote it's an upstream issue which may better be solved at
> Geany directly. Have a look at the link Frank wrote and geany.org in
> general, there are some hints on how to get support. :)
>
> Best Regards,
> Dominic

Thanks for your replying Dominic.
What I mean is that the Fortran source code is not highlighted when
using tabs (not spaces) for indentation in Geany.

Regards,
Germán.