Old 02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Sawrub

Default Thunderbird and Google Chrome

Hi All,

I have been facing an issue with Thinderbird and its sync-up Google
Chrome. Setting Google Chrome as the default browser and clicking any
URL in a mail under Thunderbird opens up Google Chrome with Home page,
but the URL is not loaded, while when i do the same with Mozilla Firefox
, the instance is started and the URL is loaded.
Also if there is an instance of Google Chrome runnig, clicking of a URL
will not open up a new tab in the current session compared to Firefox
but besides will be opening up a new session with home page loaded.Can
anyone guide me how to solve this.
Just to mention, trying to open a URL appearing in the Gnome Terminal
works perfectly fine, as the same loads up in Google Chrome just as
expected.

Installed Packages
firefox.x86_64 3.5.6-1.fc12
@updates
gnome-terminal.x86_64 2.28.2-1.fc12
@updates
google-chrome-beta.x86_64 4.0.249.43-34537
@google64
thunderbird.x86_64 3.0.1-1.fc12
@updates

The same issue have been fixed for Thunderbird 2 by changing the
settings in the Config Editor, but the same is not working in F12 and
Thunderbird 3. [http://tinyurl.com/yawfk38]

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644

Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Sawrub

On 02/11/2010 11:22 PM, Hegge, Johnathan wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 08:34 PM, Sawrub wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been facing an issue with Thinderbird and its sync-up Google
>> Chrome for a couple of days. Setting Google Chrome as the default
>> browser and clicking any URL in a mail under Thunderbird opens up Google
>> Chrome with Home page, but the URL is not loaded, while when i do the
>> same with Mozilla Firefox , the instance is started and the URL is loaded.
>> Also if there is an instance of Google Chrome runnig, clicking of a URL
>> will not open up a new tab in the current session compared to Firefox
>> but besides will be opening up a new session with home page loaded.Can
>> anyone guide me how to solve this.
>> Just to mention, trying to open a URL appearing in the Gnome Terminal
>> works perfectly fine, as the same loads up in Google Chrome just as
>> expected.
>>
>> Installed Packages
>> firefox.x86_64 3.5.6-1.fc12
>> @updates
>> gnome-terminal.x86_64 2.28.2-1.fc12
>> @updates
>> google-chrome-beta.x86_64 4.0.249.43-34537
>> @google64
>> thunderbird.x86_64 3.0.1-1.fc12
>> @updates
>>
>> The issue have been fixed for Thunderbird 2 by changing the
>> settings in the Config Editor, but the same is not working in F12 and
>> Thunderbird 3. [http://tinyurl.com/yawfk38]
>>

> I noticed the same effect in F12. I'd switched from firefox to chrome
> in System -> Preferred Applications -> Web Browsers. This morning I
> checked that setting again.
>
> Chrome wasn't selected, it changed to custom. Changing the preference
> back to Chrome corrected the issue for me.

I too had a view of the same, and it was set to 'custom' with the
command set to call of Google Chrome. The tip that you gave fixes the
issue but that's a workaround as we need not to do that with Firefox,
hence filed a bug agains the same as
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=36102.