Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Rashedul Arefin

Default yum repo

Dear All:

I am very new to Fedora. I have installed fedora 12. Is there any way to install rpm packages with dependencies from local drive? I have downloaded many rpm packages, but I dont know how to install these.

Any help would be appreciable.

Regards
Arefin

Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Julian Aloofi

Am 10.02.2010 17:15, schrieb Rashedul Arefin:
> Dear All:
>
> I am very new to Fedora. I have installed fedora 12. Is there any way to
> install rpm packages with dependencies from local drive? I have
> downloaded many rpm packages, but I dont know how to install these.
> Any help would be appreciable.
>
> Regards
> Arefin

You can use the 'yum localinstall' command for that, or just click on
the packages and a GUI dialog will pop up.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 17:29:52 +0100,
Julian Aloofi <julian.fedoralists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> You can use the 'yum localinstall' command for that, or just click on
> the packages and a GUI dialog will pop up.

You don't even need to use the 'localinstall' varient, 'install' will work
as well.

Another route is to create a local repo and config it in /etc/yum.repos.d .
That might work better depending on how you are keeping track of those
local packages.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
"Mr Gabriel"

If this is your first experience with a yum based distro, the it might be an idea to google how to install packages via yum in fedora.

Rpm is a format, and not just for fedora. Take some time to understand the relationship between your client system (your fedora box), and yum repositories, (google is your friend here)

I think that will help your understanding of how it all comes together.
---
Kind Regards,
Mr Gabriel (bberry mail)