-   -   Kde4 question re desktop menu items. (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/323580-kde4-question-re-desktop-menu-items.html)

George R Goffe 02-10-2010 05:23 AM

Kde4 question re desktop menu items.

Howdy,

I have been using kde3.6 and had changed the meaning of the 3 buttons on my mouse. I'm looking for the analogous feature in Kde4 but don't seem to be able to find it. Am I going blind or missing something?

Regards and thanks for your time,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers

Kevin Kofler 02-10-2010 11:22 PM

George R Goffe wrote:
> I have been using kde3.6 and had changed the meaning of the 3 buttons on
> my mouse. I'm looking for the analogous feature in Kde4 but don't seem to
> be able to find it. Am I going blind or missing something?

What exactly are you trying to do? Swap left and right button? That's under
Settings / System Settings / System Administration / Keyboard & Mouse /
Mouse.

Kevin Kofler

George R Goffe 03-03-2010 08:37 AM

Kde4 question re desktop menu items.

Kevin,

I must apologize for not responding to your earlier post in a timely manor, I had system problems on a different system with the radeon driver which is still broken for me.

With kde 3 I was able to define the right button in the desktop to bring up the desktop menu where I put "save session" for example, and the middle button in the desktop to bring up the application menu; the left button in the desktop was a no-op. This was in effect for all desktops; I usually have 6 or more configured. It looks like kde4 has enabled each desktop it's own config options. There's no global setting available?

I'm in the middle of configuring kde4 now and am quite lost but making some progress. RTFM if you will. It's slow and not at all intuitive based on kde 3 that I'm more familiar with. Sigh.

Is there a document somewhere that maps what you
could do with kde 3 to where it is now in kde 4 by any chance?

Regards,