Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Chris Smart

Default Bump to KDE 4.4?

Hey all,

As I'm still new to Fedora, will KDE get a bump up to version 4.4, or
stay with 4.3 series? In the past I believe (due to the unstable
nature of KDE4 back then) it received major upgrades.
If not, is there a recommended third party repository for the latest KDE stable?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 09:48 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As I'm still new to Fedora, will KDE get a bump up to version 4.4, or
> stay with 4.3 series? In the past I believe (due to the unstable
> nature of KDE4 back then) it received major upgrades.
> If not, is there a recommended third party repository for the latest KDE stable?

You might want to subscribe to the Fedora KDE list
<kde@lists.fedoraproject.org>. See

poc

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Kevin Kofler

Chris Smart wrote:
> As I'm still new to Fedora, will KDE get a bump up to version 4.4, or
> stay with 4.3 series? In the past I believe (due to the unstable
> nature of KDE4 back then) it received major upgrades.

Yes, 4.4 will be pushed, we're working on it.

> If not, is there a recommended third party repository for the latest KDE
> stable?

If you can't wait, you can get it now from kde-redhat unstable.

But I recommend waiting until the official packages are built and pass
testing. It takes time to provide a reliable, regression-free update.

Kevin Kofler

Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Chris Smart

On 10 February 2010 10:55, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
> Yes, 4.4 will be pushed, we're working on it.

Hi Kevin,

Great! Happy to wait :-)

Thanks,
-c

Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Chris Smart

On 10 February 2010 10:41, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might want to subscribe to the Fedora KDE list
> <kde@lists.fedoraproject.org>. See

Thanks.

-c