Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Paul Erickson

Default F12 and SyncMaster 2443 and 1920x1200 resolution?

Okay, let's see if I can get it right this time???

I have searched the archives, and not found anything that looks applicable.

Has anyone been able to successfully configure F12 to support 1920x1200
resolution with the Samsung SyncMaster 2443?

I have tried disabling the Nouveau drivers and installing the Nvidia,
but it doesn't seem to work. The motherboard is the M2N-MX using the
onboard video. I was able to get this hardware to work with F11, but for
some reason, can't get the upgrade to work.

cheers, Paul

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 19:55:48 Paul Erickson wrote:
> Okay, let's see if I can get it right this time???
>
> Has anyone been able to successfully configure F12 to support 1920x1200
> resolution with the Samsung SyncMaster 2443?

Ok, now you got the numbers right, I guess. :-)

So, as several people pointed out in several other threads so far, you can
start by telling us what resolution _does_ work, with which driver, and by
posting the output of xrandr, contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log . Then we might get a clue what's wrong. :-)

And as I just found out from another thread, nvidia driver seems to have
problems reading EDID data from some monitor brands (don't know whether the
bug is with nvidia or the monitors). Either way, putting

Option "ModeValidation" "NoTotalSizeCheck"

inside the Device section in xorg.conf apparently helps it to read EDID
better, and thus detect all available resolutions. It just might work in your
case as well. Note, this works only with nvidia driver, not with nouveau and
others.

So come back to us with the logs, and also try out that option. :-)

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Paul Erickson <va7nt@telus.net> writes:
> Has anyone been able to successfully configure F12 to support 1920x1200
> resolution with the Samsung SyncMaster 2443?

You might also want to check that your hardware can do 1920x1200. Some
chips will stop at 1600x1200.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3