Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Over Kill

Default Network Interface Description

All, is there a way to put in a description in the network interfaces like you can do in Cisco devices?* This way when I run the ifconfig -a command and I can view the description and remind myself of it's routing mechanism or what it's attached to.* I'm currently working in a overly architected network with no access and all our servers have multiple interfaces.* Thanks in advance.

-overkill