Old 02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Howard Wilkinson

Default Need to replace a Shappire 2600XT that has blown up. Recommendations for Fedora 12+

I need to replace a Shap[pire 2600XT card that has gone phut taking the
motherboard with it. My supplier no longer stocks this card so I would
like some recommendations. I need to get something that will just work
with F12 (and hopefully) F13. That will support dual monitors at
1600x1280 with a reasonable refresh rate. However, I am not in need of
any gaming features.

The new motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot and 2 PIC Express x4
slots. Would prefer to use the x16 slot as that is what I use elsewhere.

I am agnostic about which card but have used Matrox and ATI based cards
in the past so have no experience with nVidia hardware.

Anybody?

In the ATI stable I can get 4350's, 4550's, 3450, 5450, 4650, 4670,
within my price range.

I have recently purchased a 5750 but I am stuck on F11 using the
proprietary driver as this chip is too new.

Any suggestions?

--
Howard Wilkinson <howard@cohtech.com>
Coherent Technology Limited