Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Mike Wright

Default help verifying a site using Firefox

Hi all,

I'm currently on f10 using their firefox 3.0.15 build to which I've
installed firebug. I don't know whether firebug or firefox is the
culprit but the site displays correctly using Galeon and Chrome (with
firebug). I'd like to determine if it's the site's problem or that of
Firefox/Firebug but it smells like a bug in the site's javascript.

The problem occurs when I try to use CapitalOne's web site. It has
worked mostly well since 2007 but been on the fritz for a couple of
months now.

<you gotta be kidding>
Unfortunately, CapitalOne's help line is in India, their phone system
sucks (probably do-it-yourself voip with asterisk and really cheap
headsets: can't hear them, fades in and out, is mostly unintelligible
but my neighbors can hear their on-hold music) and they keep insisting
that I use IE. Oh, and since I can't login they will take my payment
via telephone and to verify my payment I should login. WTF? It seems
their tech support is in desperate need of tech support :/
</you gotta be kidding>

Since I can't count on them for help I'm turning to you.

Would somebody be so kind as to try this link using Firefox (preferably
3.0.15) and let me know their result?

https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx

There is supposed to be a login block on the left side of the page.

Greatly appreciated,
Mike Wright