-   -   Working 3d with Nouveau! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/322388-working-3d-nouveau.html)

Bruno Wolff III 02-08-2010 06:04 AM

Working 3d with Nouveau!

Ben did some updates tonight for rawhide and I am able to play tremulous now
on an nVidia nv28 based card.

It's pretty late so I didn't do much testing and there may be bugs. But if
you have nv20 series or earlier cards you might want to give it a try
with Monday morning's rawhide.

Bruno Wolff III 02-08-2010 07:10 AM

Working 3d with Nouveau!

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 01:04:33 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> Ben did some updates tonight for rawhide and I am able to play tremulous now
> on an nVidia nv28 based card.
>
> It's pretty late so I didn't do much testing and there may be bugs. But if
> you have nv20 series or earlier cards you might want to give it a try
> with Monday morning's rawhide.

Tremulous seems to be the best of the 3d games. It seemed to work flawlessly
(without any opponents) and had good frame rates. The other 3d games I tried
(doom, nexuiz, warzone 2100, vdrift and alien arena) all had issues.