Old 02-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Mike Dwiggins

Default Wierd httpd Problem

I have a brand new Fedora 11 server up and have it set up for LAMP.
httpd loads and works apparently fine and I was able to load WordPress
and it is visable via the WWW. However, I cannot connect out from the
WordPress installation and askimet is claiming I have a DNS problem.

SELinus is set to Disabled , iptables is a straight allow all and DNS
Report returns one yellow warning as both my nameservers are on the same
class C.

This is wierd, I run five other domains with the exact same DNS setup
and have no problems.

Any ideas?

Mike

Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Larry Brower

Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> I have a brand new Fedora 11 server up and have it set up for LAMP.
> httpd loads and works apparently fine and I was able to load WordPress
> and it is visable via the WWW. However, I cannot connect out from the
> WordPress installation and askimet is claiming I have a DNS problem.
>
> SELinus is set to Disabled , iptables is a straight allow all and DNS
> Report returns one yellow warning as both my nameservers are on the same
> class C.
>
> This is wierd, I run five other domains with the exact same DNS setup
> and have no problems.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Mike

Can you provide the domain in question as well as what Askimet is
telling you so that we could tell you what we see? This doesn't
sound like an error with Apache and more along the lines of a DNS issue.