Old 02-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Tim and Alison Bentley

Default KDE 4.3.5 Sound - Continuing Problems

Since my last request for help the comments passed back have started to make things better.
Thanks to for those.

pauvcontrol now shows sound from Amarok but it does not come out of the speakers.
Even after the last KDE update this does not work.

I have tried to change xine to gstreamer but that crashed Amarok.

The latest set of KDE updates have not improved things.

the current xine packages installed are

Installed****** phonon-backend-xine-4.3.80-5.fc12.x86_64******* xine phonon backend

Installed****** xine-lib-1.1.16.3-5.fc12.x86_64**************** A multimedia engine
Installed****** xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.16.3-2.fc12.x86_64******* Extra codecs for the Xine multimedia library

any ideas on where to look next.

--
Tim and Alison Bentley
Home@TRARBentley.net

Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Rex Dieter

Tim and Alison Bentley wrote:

> Since my last request for help the comments passed back have started to
> make things better.
> Thanks to for those.
>
> pauvcontrol now shows sound from Amarok but it does not come out of the
> speakers.
> Even after the last KDE update this does not work.
> I have tried to change xine to gstreamer but that crashed Amarok.

Changing phonon backends while an app is playing is generally fragile, true.

pavucontrol reports what exaclty in the output devices tab?

-- Rex

Old 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Tim and Alison Bentley

>Tim and Alison Bentley wrote:

>> Since my last request for help the comments passed back have started to

>> make things better.

>> Thanks to for those.
>>

>> pauvcontrol now shows sound from Amarok but it does not come out of the

>> speakers.

>> Even after the last KDE update this does not work.

>> I have tried to change xine to gstreamer but that crashed Amarok.

>Changing phonon backends while an app is playing is generally fragile, true.

>pavucontrol reports what exaclty in the output devices tab?

>-- Rex
Yes that is correct both show the same thing.

-* R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD Series 4000] Digital Sterio (HDMI)*
-* Internal Audio Analog Stereo.
--
Tim and Alison Bentley

Home@TRARBentley.net

Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Rex Dieter

Tim and Alison Bentley wrote:

>>pavucontrol reports what exaclty in the output devices tab?

> Yes that is correct both show the same thing.

> - R700 Audio Device [Radeon HD Series 4000] Digital Sterio (HDMI)
> - Internal Audio Analog Stereo.

And, according to pavucontrol output tab, where is the sound going? Does
that match what you want and expect?

If not, you can use pavucontrol to change that.

-- Rex