Old 02-05-2010, 08:42 PM

Default Problem with a large partition

Hello all,

I have a 22TB partition that I would like to use. I am using a 64bit CPU
and used parted to create a partition and to format it. It created an
ext2 partition that I was in the process of converting to ext4. This is
where I hit a snag. Here is the error I got:

# e2fsck -fDC0 /dev/sdb1
e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
Error determining size of the physical device: File too large

Moving forward, I'm going to have to have e2fsck. fsck appears to be
provided by util-linux-ng.i686. Shouldn't that be a 64bit version?

Here is some system information:

uname -a
Linux ftp.temp.org 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686 #1 SMP Sat Nov 7 21:41:45 EST
2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

parted -l
Disk /dev/sdb: 22.0TB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
1 17.4kB 22.0TB 22.0TB ext4 primary

As always, any help would be appreciated.

---
Will Y.

believed to be clean.