-   -   Help me with installing printer on fedora (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/321184-help-me-installing-printer-fedora.html)

Luciano Gomes 02-05-2010 10:42 AM

Help me with installing printer on fedora

Hi,
*
I need to install a printer*on Fedora 12, but I don't know how to do it.
Somebody can help me?
Thanks
*
Luciano Gomes

Nicolae Ghimbovschi 02-05-2010 10:44 AM

Help me with installing printer on fedora

Hello,

Firstly we need to know what printer model you use.

Luciano Gomes 02-05-2010 10:50 AM

Help me with installing printer on fedora

Ok, I have one HP LaserJet 3525 and a Panasonic KX-MB783BR, both installed on windows and shared. I want to install those printers trough windows sharing.
*
Thanks.
*
Luciano Gomes

Jamie Bohr 02-05-2010 01:36 PM

Help me with installing printer on fedora

Luciano,

Just to clarify, you want to connect to printer that are shared from a Windows computer?* If that is the case http://docs.fedoraproject.org/deployment-guide/f12/en-US/html/s1-printing-smb-printer.html might be able to help.

- Jamie

Ok, I have one HP LaserJet 3525 and a Panasonic KX-MB783BR, both installed on windows and shared. I want to install those printers trough windows sharing.
*
Thanks.
*
Luciano Gomes

Firstly we need to know what printer model you use.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 13:42, Luciano Gomes <luciano.t.gomes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to install a printer*on Fedora 12, but I don't know how to do it.

> Somebody can help me?
> Thanks
>
> Luciano Gomes

Jamie Bohr

Aaron Konstam 02-05-2010 02:48 PM

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 09:42 -0200, Luciano Gomes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to install a printer on Fedora 12, but I don't know how to do
> it.
> Somebody can help me?
> Thanks
>
> Luciano Gomes

Use: system-config-printer
Choose new -> Network --> Windows Printer via Samba
and follow the prompts.