Old 02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
"Richard R. Cahilig"

Default No /sbin PATH after sudo in Fedora 12 even after the PATH is added in .bash_profile

Hello,

I have a problem with my fedora 12 box. There is no /sbin and /usr/sbin PATH
after using sudo. This is the output if I run the command echo $PATH.
/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

I tried to add the /sbin and /usr/sbin PATH in .bash_profile but I still have
the same problem.

If I use the command su, and if I run the command echo $PATH, the /sbin and
the /usr/sbin is there.
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/richard/bin

I need to use sudo instead of su for security reasons and I don't want to type
the whole /sbin PATH if I will run some command from this /sbin. I don't know
what is the problem I'm having in my fedora 12 box, please advise. Looking
forward to your help. Sorry for my English.

--
Best Regards,

Richard R. Cahilig