FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Todd Zullinger
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> What would be the best place to ask a live person about installing
> Koji on a local server? I've tried to follow the wiki
> documentation[1], but my Kojiweb reports the service is offline. The
> koji CLI also reports the same. I am attempting to use Kerberos
> without SSL. I've successfully setup the Kerberos server with an
> admin user and all the koji users.

The buildsys list¹ is probably a good place to ask questions on koji
setup. With luck, you'll get it running and can update the wiki.

¹ https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys

--
Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lie is most convincingly hidden between two truths.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines
 
Old 02-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Could I ask someone for a helping hand?

I'm attempting to create a koji instance on a local server machine. I've
tried to follow the wiki documentation[1], but my Kojiweb reports the
service is offline. The koji CLI also reports the same. I am attempting
to use Kerberos without SSL. I've successfully setup the Kerberos server
with an admin user and all the koji users.

Thanks,
Michael

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Jay Greguske
 
Default Create Koji How-to

I'd blame the database. Is postgres up and accepting connections?


----- "Michael Cronenworth" <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:

> Could I ask someone for a helping hand?
>
> I'm attempting to create a koji instance on a local server machine. I've
> tried to follow the wiki documentation[1], but my Kojiweb reports the
> service is offline. The koji CLI also reports the same. I am attempting
> to use Kerberos without SSL. I've successfully setup the Kerberos server
> with an admin user and all the koji users.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo
> --
> buildsys mailing list
> buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
> --
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Jay Greguske wrote:
> I'd blame the database. Is postgres up and accepting connections?

Yes, PostgreSQL is running, the koji user is added, and the SQL schema
has been inserted. I've added the initial admin user (called 'admin')
and pointed it to my Kerberos principal.

I tried looking for some logs to debug through, but I didn't find much.
Is there something I can check or turn on to see how well the
communication is working?

P.S. The koji server is Fedora 11, latest package updates.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Mike Bonnet
 
Default Create Koji How-to

On 02/04/2010 02:56 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Jay Greguske wrote:
>> I'd blame the database. Is postgres up and accepting connections?
>
> Yes, PostgreSQL is running, the koji user is added, and the SQL schema
> has been inserted. I've added the initial admin user (called 'admin')
> and pointed it to my Kerberos principal.
>
> I tried looking for some logs to debug through, but I didn't find much.
> Is there something I can check or turn on to see how well the
> communication is working?

Have you edited /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf to allow the "apache"
user to connect to the "koji" database? The configuration needs to be
at or near the top of that file, before the default config.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Mike Bonnet wrote:
> Have you edited /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf to allow the "apache"
> user to connect to the "koji" database? The configuration needs to be
> at or near the top of that file, before the default config.

Yes, I even temporary logged into the apache user and ran "psql koji"
and it connected me to the database. I still get "ServerOffline" in
kojiweb and koji CLI:

# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: root/admin@XX.COM

Valid starting Expires Service principal
02/04/10 15:58:53 02/05/10 15:58:53 krbtgt/XX.COM@XX.COM
02/04/10 15:59:01 02/05/10 15:58:53 host/localhost.xx.com@XX.COM


Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

# koji add-user test
ServerOffline: database outage

The koji admin user is set to principle "root/admin@XX.COM" in the SQL
database.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Mike Bonnet
 
Default Create Koji How-to

On 02/04/2010 05:12 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Mike Bonnet wrote:
>> Have you edited /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf to allow the "apache"
>> user to connect to the "koji" database? The configuration needs to be
>> at or near the top of that file, before the default config.
>
> Yes, I even temporary logged into the apache user and ran "psql koji"
> and it connected me to the database. I still get "ServerOffline" in
> kojiweb and koji CLI:

Are you seeing errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log?

> # klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: root/admin@XX.COM
>
> Valid starting Expires Service principal
> 02/04/10 15:58:53 02/05/10 15:58:53 krbtgt/XX.COM@XX.COM
> 02/04/10 15:59:01 02/05/10 15:58:53 host/localhost.xx.com@XX.COM
>
>
> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
> klist: You have no tickets cached
>
> # koji add-user test
> ServerOffline: database outage
>
> The koji admin user is set to principle "root/admin@XX.COM" in the SQL
> database.
> --
> buildsys mailing list
> buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys

--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Mike Bonnet wrote:
> Are you seeing errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log?

This is all I see:

[Thu Feb 04 16:14:23 2010] [notice] mod_python (pid=4750,
interpreter='localhost.xx.com'): Importing module
'/usr/share/koji-web/scripts/index.py'

Nothing else.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Mike McLean
 
Default Create Koji How-to

On 02/04/2010 05:12 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Yes, I even temporary logged into the apache user and ran "psql koji"
> and it connected me to the database. I still get "ServerOffline" in
> kojiweb and koji CLI:

Taking your command literally, I assume that postgres is running on the
same host.

If you intend to connect to postgres locally (not over tcp) as "psql
koji" would, then you must /not/ set DBHost in hub.conf. If there is a
value for that option (even localhost) then the pgdb lib will try to
connect over tcp, which your server may not be configured to allow.

> # koji add-user test
> ServerOffline: database outage
>
> The koji admin user is set to principle "root/admin@XX.COM" in the SQL
> database.
> --
> buildsys mailing list
> buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys

--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Create Koji How-to

Mike McLean wrote:
> Taking your command literally, I assume that postgres is running on the
> same host.

It is.

>
> If you intend to connect to postgres locally (not over tcp) as "psql
> koji" would, then you must/not/ set DBHost in hub.conf. If there is a
> value for that option (even localhost) then the pgdb lib will try to
> connect over tcp, which your server may not be configured to allow.

I had DBHost set to 127.0.0.1, but commenting that out results in no
change. I still get

$ koji add-user test
ServerOffline: database outage

Here's my current config inside of /etc/koji-hub/hub.conf
[hub]

## Basic options ##
DBName = koji
DBUser = koji
#DBHost = 127.0.0.1
#DBPass = example_password
KojiDir = /mnt/koji

Yes, I restarted httpd.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org