-   -   Machine hanging during video encoding process (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/320632-machine-hanging-during-video-encoding-process.html)

Steve Malenfant 02-04-2010 01:24 PM

Machine hanging during video encoding process

I got a Shuttle XPC SN78SH7 with an AMD X2 4400+ which I have installed with Fedora Core 12 (not much choice, the nvidia chipset doesn't work in released before that, including Centos 5).
I've been trying to run Handbrake for about 3 times now, the machine just completely stops responding with not even a trace of anything. The monitor goes black so I can't really see where it stopped.

I've configured lm-sensors and sysstat but I guess I need to record the data every X seconds to see where it would hang. Maybe the cause is heat or something else.
What should I be looking for?

Thanks.