Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Mike Cloaked

Default OpenOffice and password protected encrypted .docx files?

Can anyone advise me on the following problem?

I have been sent a .docx which was created in MS Office 2007, and encrypted
with a password that is needed to open it. In the past if anyone sent me an
open .docx file then OpenOffice in F12 would open it without any problems.
However the password protected file appears not to be accessible in
OpenOffice, and attempting to open the file does not ask for a password and
won't play ball. Since I don't have MS Office 2007 the question is whether
I can open the file at all?

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks