Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
AnneMarie Robinson

Default MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder

Where do I find MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder?* How do I install it?* Thanks.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Michal

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mp3+decoder+fedora

Old 02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 16:08:09 AnneMarie Robinson wrote:
> Where do I find MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder? How do I install it?

You need a plugin appropriate for the player of your choice. They are all
basically available in rpmfusion free and nonfree repositories, which you
should enable ( http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration ).

Then it is a matter of one yum install. This example will probably cover most
common players:

yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3 xmms-mp3

You can find more detailed instructions on http://www.fedorafaq.org/#mp3

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Kevin Kofler

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Then it is a matter of one yum install. This example will probably cover
> most common players:
>
> yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3
> xmms-mp3

xine-lib-extras-freeworld is also a common one (e.g. KDE's Phonon uses xine-
lib by default, a few other apps do too).

Kevin Kofler