Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default program to read electronic books

It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
Fedora.
What is is name?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Waleed Harbi

Here they are:
http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/58592--------------------------

Best Wishes,
Waleed Harbi

Dream | Do | Be

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It *seems there was a program to read electronic books available on

Fedora.

What is is name?

positron router malfunction

Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 09:21 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
> Fedora.
> What is is name?

fbreader is one, though I've had some issues with it.

poc

Old 02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Frank Cox

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 09:21 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
> Fedora.
> What is is name?

I use and highly recommend fbreader.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Bill Davidsen

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
> Fedora.
> What is is name?

Which format? I'm given to understand that the Amazon Kindle, the B&N whatever,
and the Apple iPaid tablet each use either a different format or different DRM
crap embedded. Based on reports from people who have one or the other, not
personal experience.

I saw a reference to a program which claimed to let you buy from the Apple $tore
(iTunes, iCrap?) running on Fedora.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Kevin Kofler

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
> Fedora.
> What is is name?

Okular can read some of the formats. But unfortunately most of them are DRM-
encumbered and cannot be read with anything in Fedora.

Kevin Kofler

Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Kevin Kofler

Waleed Harbi wrote:
> *Here they are:
> http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/58592

That link:
* only talks about PDFs. There are many other e-book formats.
* is completely outdated, e.g. it lists Kpdf (which has been replaced by
Okular since Fedora 9) and it claims Okular is not ready for production use
(which was true back in 2006 when it was written, but not anymore now).

Kevin Kofler

Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Mikkel

On 02/02/2010 09:21 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> It seems there was a program to read electronic books available on
> Fedora.
> What is is name?

There are several in the Fedora repos. You may want to use yumex and
do a search on ebook or book reader...

Ebook Viewer
LRF viewer
calbre
FBReader

I am sure I missed a couple, but this should get you started...

Mikkel

Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Waleed Harbi

Kevin,

He asked for read electronic books and Adobe Reader still there NOT outdated. If there they outdated the developers will mention about this in the main website. He will check then he will decided.

Best Wishes,
Waleed Harbi

Dream | Do | Be

Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM