-   -   Fedora -12 packages ---Query (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/319165-fedora-12-packages-query.html)

"iarly selbir | ski0s" 02-02-2010 10:58 AM

Fedora -12 packages ---Query

Assuming you have internet connection working fine, run a simple yum install like below:
# yum install gcc gcc-c++

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

- -
iarly selbir | ski0s

:wq!

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Anil Jindal <Anil.Jindal@headstrong.com> wrote:

Hi All,

*

I downloaded fedora 12 image from*
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/12/Live/i686/Fedora-12-i686-Live.iso

But I could not find any gcc/g++ or any development tool or package in it.

*

Please guide me how I can get full version Fedora 12 or I can get particular version with development tools and packages.

*

*

*

Thanks

Anil Jindal

*

***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

Chris Tyler 02-02-2010 11:03 AM

Fedora -12 packages ---Query

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 17:21 +0530, Anil Jindal wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I downloaded fedora 12 image from
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/12/Live/i686/Fedora-12-i686-Live.iso
>
> But I could not find any gcc/g++ or any development tool or package in
> it.
>

> Please guide me how I can get full version Fedora 12 or I can get
> particular version with development tools and packages.

Hi Anil,

The Live CD contains a small portion of the packages in Fedora. The
Installation DVD contains more, but still only a fraction of the total
available packages.

You can add additional packages at any time using the menu option
System>Administration>Add/Remove Software or by using the yum command
(or pkcon). For example, you can add most of the basic software
development tools with this one command:

yum groupinstall 'Development Libraries' 'Development Tools'

...will install most of the packages needed for basic development. You
can allso install individual packages:

yum install gcc

-Chris