Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 AM
"Amadeus W.M."

Default key logger

Is there a standard keylogger for F12? I've found lkl and uberkey on the
web, but I'd prefer to stay within F12. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Rick Stevens

On 02/01/2010 07:47 PM, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> Is there a standard keylogger for F12? I've found lkl and uberkey on the
> web, but I'd prefer to stay within F12. Thanks!

I brewed up a keylogger (well, command line logger) for bash. It uses
the syslog mechanism (logging at "local5.info" level). I built it for
CentOS 5.4 (source and binary RPMs), but I suppose I could cobble it
together for F12's bash if you're in dire need.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 AM
"Amadeus W.M."

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Rick Stevens

On 02/02/2010 05:05 PM, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:15:49 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> On 02/01/2010 07:47 PM, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
>>> Is there a standard keylogger for F12? I've found lkl and uberkey on
>>> the web, but I'd prefer to stay within F12. Thanks!
>>
>> I brewed up a keylogger (well, command line logger) for bash. It uses
>> the syslog mechanism (logging at "local5.info" level). I built it for
>> CentOS 5.4 (source and binary RPMs), but I suppose I could cobble it
>> together for F12's bash if you're in dire need.
>
> Thanks! I need to log all X server keyboard events, not just bash.

Ah, then this isn't adequate for you. Sorry.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Andre Majorel

Can anyone recommend a key logger for Debian ? I don't need replay
or any fancy functions, just stats about which keys get pressed
the most.

Support for X is essential, support for the console is not. Even
raw keycodes would do.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Use reportbug and get spammed !

Old 07-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Amrit Panesar

Can anyone recommend a key logger for Debian ? I don't need replay
or any fancy functions, just stats about which keys get pressed
the most.

Support for X is essential, support for the console is not. Even
raw keycodes would do.

You may want to try pykeylogger it only works in an x enviroment

(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pykeylogger/index.php?title=Main_Page)

not too sure if there is a deb package for it (i'm sure there is) but it
doesn't look too hard to install

--Amrit

Archive: 4C34D2B0.2070805@4195tech.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C34D2B0.2070805@4195tech.com

Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Matt Zagrabelny

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Andre Majorel <aym-naibed@teaser.fr> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a key logger for Debian ?

apt-cache search key logger

Though I've never used a key logger.

Cheers,

-matt

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
thib

Andre Majorel wrote:

Can anyone recommend a key logger for Debian ? I don't need replay
or any fancy functions, just stats about which keys get pressed
the most.

Support for X is essential, support for the console is not. Even
raw keycodes would do.

I saw that one[1][2] in the last Debian Project News. Haven't tested it,
but it looks like your best bet atm, considering all the other hacks
available. It's new, so you might have to backport it if you're using Lenny.

1: http://packages.debian.org/sid/logkeys
2: http://code.google.com/p/logkeys

If you only need raw keycodes, just dump /dev/input/eventX, reading it is
trivial.

-t