Old 01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Gene Heskett

Default mail aliases question

Greetings;

What is the usual method of sending roots local mail to a user so that kmail
can be run as a user, and still get roots mail?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
lostson

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:03:54 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> What is the usual method of sending roots local mail to a user so that kmail
> can be run as a user, and still get roots mail?

edit the file /etc/aliases and at the bottom it has a section about root's mail put you username in there save the file and then run newaliases.
then add you local account to kmail and it will receive roots mail.

< --- >
lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org>

Old 01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Mike Chambers

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 10:03 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> What is the usual method of sending roots local mail to a user so that kmail
> can be run as a user, and still get roots mail?

Edit /etc/aliases, scroll to the bottom, uncomment the #root line, and
change the "marc" user to the one you want.

If it is a user on another machine or email addy, just put it in the
same way..

root: user

or

root: user@machine-name

or

root: user@domain.com

Then run the command "newaliases" after that and should be it. Hope
that helps.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"

Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Gene Heskett

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings;
>
>What is the usual method of sending roots local mail to a user so that kmail
>can be run as a user, and still get roots mail?

Never mind, I just found that info on the tldp site. That folks, is a very
handy resource, thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)