-   -   Livna and Dries Repositories... Any conflict (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/29966-livna-dries-repositories-any-conflict.html)

Brian Chadwick 01-06-2008 03:34 AM

Livna and Dries Repositories... Any conflict

Hi all,

does anyone know if the Livna and Dries repositories are compatible and
not in conflict?

Brian

Chris 01-06-2008 04:37 AM

Livna and Dries Repositories... Any conflict

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:34:36 +1000
Brian Chadwick <brianchad@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know if the Livna and Dries repositories are compatible
> and not in conflict?
>
> Brian

I don't seem to have any issues. Keeping in mind what apps I installed
via Livna.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Runt packets

"Colin Brace" 01-06-2008 12:19 PM

On Jan 6, 2008 5:34 AM, Brian Chadwick <brianchad@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> does anyone know if the Livna and Dries repositories are compatible and
> not in conflict?

If you want to play it safe, leave the dries repo disabled in its yum
.repo file, and just enable it when you need to download something
from it, ie:

yum --enblerepo=dries somefile

HTH

--
Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Chris 01-07-2008 12:35 AM

Livna and Dries Repositories... Any conflict

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:02:45 +1000
Brian Chadwick <brianchad@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:28:22 +1000
> > Brian Chadwick <brianchad@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> >> I notice also that dries has not been updated since Fedora Core
> >> 6 ... i wonder if its worth the trouble.
> >>

> > It is - the mail page does not reflect it. Here's my Dries repo
> > file.
> >

> can you post your Dries repo file please?

Sure thing Brian - standard disclaimers apply, your millage may vary.

[dries]
name=Extra Fedora rpms dries - 8 - i386
baseurl=http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/fc8/i386/dries/RPMS/
enabled=1