Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Robert Scheck

Default NTFS support in Anaconda for Fedora 9

Good evening,

is there a chance, that Anaconda gets support to handle NTFS partitions
(resizing etc.) as the installers on openSUSE and Ubuntu do? AFAIK there
should be currently nothing preventing us to do so, shouldn't it?

Greetings,
Robert

Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
John Summerfield

Robert Scheck wrote:

Good evening,

is there a chance, that Anaconda gets support to handle NTFS partitions
(resizing etc.) as the installers on openSUSE and Ubuntu do? AFAIK there
should be currently nothing preventing us to do so, shouldn't it?

I'm sure there has been recent discussion of this. Did you do any
research before asking?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 01-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Chris Lumens

> is there a chance, that Anaconda gets support to handle NTFS partitions
> (resizing etc.) as the installers on openSUSE and Ubuntu do? AFAIK there
> should be currently nothing preventing us to do so, shouldn't it?

Commit 41908853dd254c3b9f860d4f719aa33b3fb0f8a4 added this
functionality, so unless we discover major unsolvable problems it will
be in F9.

- Chris