Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default C development package for Fedora?

Steven Jones wrote:

I just installed Fedora 8 from the "live" cd. Much to my dismay gcc
was not included. I am not a C programmer but occasionally compile
third party programs. I can install gcc easily enough but what about
all of the support libraries? Is there a yum "meta" package to
install the libraries in one easy step?

# yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

On a somewhat related note I have been unable to find a list of Fedora
packages by category.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/collections/id/14 is nice but it
only list packages alphabetically Any suggestions.

http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/repoview/

Rahul

Old 01-05-2008, 08:25 AM
"Steven Jones"

Thanks... Exactly what I needed on both fronts.