Old 01-05-2008, 07:10 AM
"Alessandro Raiola"

Default LSI megaraid SAS 8204

I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
SLES10, there is source in kernel source?

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Ed Greshko

Alessandro Raiola wrote:
> I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
> SLES10, there is source in kernel source?

I don't use LSI products.... However isn't the driver already included in
F8? (Can't look as my F8 system is offline).

Look in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid. The
megaraid_sas.ko module should already be built.

Also, if you download the driver for your card from LSI you will find the
source code is included.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:51 AM
"Alessandro Raiola"

Thanks, i looh ther, but LSI include only img of RHEL and SLES10 distribution.
I will try..

Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Gilboa Davara

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 09:10 +0100, Alessandro Raiola wrote:
> I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
> SLES10, there is source in kernel source?
>
> Thanks!

In theory, the kernel's built in megaraid_sas -should- work. However, at
least to me, in previous versions (F6, F7), it didn't.
In the end, I found that replacing the controller (with a simple LSI SAS
with no RAID - using software RAID instead) was far easier...

- Gilboa