-   -   LSI megaraid SAS 8204 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/29345-lsi-megaraid-sas-8204-a.html)

"Alessandro Raiola" 01-05-2008 07:10 AM

LSI megaraid SAS 8204

I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
SLES10, there is source in kernel source?

Thanks!

Ed Greshko 01-05-2008 07:29 AM

LSI megaraid SAS 8204

Alessandro Raiola wrote:
> I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
> SLES10, there is source in kernel source?

I don't use LSI products.... However isn't the driver already included in
F8? (Can't look as my F8 system is offline).

Look in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid. The
megaraid_sas.ko module should already be built.

Also, if you download the driver for your card from LSI you will find the
source code is included.

"Alessandro Raiola" 01-05-2008 11:51 AM

LSI megaraid SAS 8204

Thanks, i looh ther, but LSI include only img of RHEL and SLES10 distribution.
I will try..

Gilboa Davara 01-06-2008 02:34 AM

LSI megaraid SAS 8204

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 09:10 +0100, Alessandro Raiola wrote:
> I need the driver for my server, because LSI support only RHEL and
> SLES10, there is source in kernel source?
>
> Thanks!

In theory, the kernel's built in megaraid_sas -should- work. However, at
least to me, in previous versions (F6, F7), it didn't.
In the end, I found that replacing the controller (with a simple LSI SAS
with no RAID - using software RAID instead) was far easier...

- Gilboa