Old 01-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Leslie Satenstein

Default Did I find a jigdo problem

I have fedora x64 installed, and a November 2rd dvd for I386 platform.

I did the followingL

a) Put the i386 DVD in the cd reader. It is the only file situated within /media

I copied and pasted the jigdo line from the cookbook site.

Jigdo told me that it needed to replace 400 files in order to create the target ISO.

I selected the correct file to build, and 4 hours later, it was still executing.

Somehow, I believe that Jigdo decided that it should perhaps build an everything version.*
Four hours and no indication how many additional files were required to complete.

I have decided that since after 4 hrs of high speed (700kb/sec) download speed with no indication of what was left to do I cancelled Jigdo.

I did not know of any restart capability with jigdo. It reqiires it.

Since individuals reported success with 86_64 version (65 bit), that I would consider a jigdo exercise for that version. I truly want to
have proof that jigdo saves download megabytes.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM
David Boles

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 AM
David Timms

Leslie Satenstein wrote:

I have fedora x64 installed, and a November 2rd dvd for I386
platform.

I did the followingL

a) Put the i386 DVD in the cd reader. It is the only file situated
within /media
Do you want jigdo to build an fedora 8 x86_64 dvd iso from the i386 dvd
iso ?

I copied and pasted the jigdo line from the cookbook site.

Nice to give the actual link

Jigdo told me that it needed to replace 400 files in order to create
the target ISO.
I would have thought it would need more than that, because there is a
lot of differences between i386 and x86_64.

{Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso has 1983 files in Packages and 2045 in repoview,
and there is not that many .noarch. and i386 packages on the x86_64}

I have decided that since after 4 hrs of high speed (700kb/sec)
download speed with no indication of what was left to do I cancelled
Jigdo.

That could total up to 700kb * 60 * 60 * 4 /8 Bytes = 1.26GBytes.

I did not know of any restart capability with jigdo. It reqiires it.
I recently used pyjido to build a F8-i386-DVD-unity iso from F8-i386 and
yum updates folder. It took about 2 hours of downloading; this could
have been faster if I adjusted the fedora mirrorlists in the jigdo file
to point to my ISPs fedora mirror.

With pyjigdo {which requires jigdo} you can definitely stop the process
and then restart it - though I did have to enter all the values again.
The work in progress was under /var/cache/jigdo {from memory}. In fact I
adjusted the jigdo save cache directory to a partition with enough
space, moved the cache folder, and restarted pyjigdo.

DaveT.