Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Richard England

Default Jedit

Lamar Owen wrote:

On Friday 04 January 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Lamar Owen wrote:

Incidentally, thanks for the pointer to jedit; looks like something I
might use.

Why, as a matter of interest?
Is it just an editor, like vi?

It's cross-platform; I can use the same editor on windows and Linux, which is
a good thing. Mostly a very good thing for Windows, as I don't have a really
good currently maintained editor there. I used to run PFE back on the day,
but lost track of where its latest versions are.

If cross platform is a consideration and you know how to use vi, Vim,
(which is what Fedora and some other distros use instead of vi) is
available for Windoze.

Take a look at http://www.vim.org/ if you have an interest. I've used
it on Linux/Unix/Windoze for years, now.

Really convenient to have the same tool everywhere.

~~R