Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Neal Becker

Default snmpwalk? (related to hplip)

/usr/share/doc/hplip-2.7.7/troubleshooting/network.html says to test using
snmpwalk. I can't find this on F8.

yum provides snmpwalk
No Matches found

Any hints? Or, better still, any hint why hplip doesn't find my ethernet
printer? (Yes, the printer works fine, and I can print to it).

Old 01-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Ed Greshko

Neal Becker wrote:
> /usr/share/doc/hplip-2.7.7/troubleshooting/network.html says to test using
> snmpwalk. I can't find this on F8.
>
> yum provides snmpwalk
> No Matches found
>
> Any hints? Or, better still, any hint why hplip doesn't find my ethernet
> printer? (Yes, the printer works fine, and I can print to it).

It should be in "net-snmp".

Ed

--
[The French Riviera is] a sunny place for shady people.
-- Somerset Maugham