Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Adel ESSAFI

Default dell and fedora

Dear all
I have a dell latitude D630 on which I have installed F8. Unfortunally,
some key (sound keys) and some FN functions does not work. Do you have
any ideo how to solde this.

regards
Adel

Old 01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
"Tod Merley"

On Jan 3, 2008 12:26 PM, Adel ESSAFI <adel.safi@esstt.rnu.tn> wrote:
> Dear all
> I have a dell latitude D630 on which I have installed F8. Unfortunally,
> some key (sound keys) and some FN functions does not work. Do you have
> any ideo how to solde this.
> regards
> Adel

Hi

This is a pretty rough guess but I Googled "dell latitude D630 Fedora
8 keymap" and found:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal-commit/2007-July/003559.html

And searching "dell latitude D630 linux keymap I eventually (had to
follow a thread) found:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-July/009102.html

This does sound like something a keymap would fix. Be careful, make a
way to go back to what you know have. You may need it!

Good Hunting!

Tod

Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Brian Gaynor

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:26 +0100, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Dear all
> I have a dell latitude D630 on which I have installed F8. Unfortunally,
> some key (sound keys) and some FN functions does not work. Do you have
> any ideo how to solde this.
> regards
> Adel

You should be able to get the sound keys configured to work using the Keyboard Shortcuts
applet (System | Prefernces | Personal | Keyboard Shortcuts).

- Brian

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Robert McBroom (TNWestTex)

> Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Dear all
> I have a dell latitude D630 on which I have installed F8. Unfortunally,
> some key (sound keys) and some FN functions does not work. Do you have
> any ideo how to solde this.
> regards
> Adel
You need a driver file. Unfortunately I can't find the reference in my notes but I think I found it at Dell's website.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=232998&topic_id=49977&forum= 10#forumpost232998
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame Darkenergy@bellsouth.net.