-   -   fc7 packages in fc8 Everything (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/27928-fc7-packages-fc8-everything.html)

Martin Marques 01-03-2008 05:18 PM

fc7 packages in fc8 Everything

Why is it that there are .fc7 packages in the fc8 Everything repositories?

I found out installing pygame, but looking at
http://mirrors.vexs.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/
(others are the same) I found a lot of fc7 packages.

Shouldn't they all be fc8?

BTW, after upgrading Fedora 7 to 8 I have a lot of .fc7 packages
installed, and I want to know if it's OK.

David Boles 01-03-2008 05:39 PM

fc7 packages in fc8 Everything

Bruno Wolff III 01-03-2008 08:33 PM

fc7 packages in fc8 Everything

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 16:18:33 -0200,
Martin Marques <martin@marquesminen.com.ar> wrote:
> Why is it that there are .fc7 packages in the fc8 Everything repositories?
>
> I found out installing pygame, but looking at
> http://mirrors.vexs.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/
> (others are the same) I found a lot of fc7 packages.
>
> Shouldn't they all be fc8?
>
> BTW, after upgrading Fedora 7 to 8 I have a lot of .fc7 packages
> installed, and I want to know if it's OK.

It is OK.

This was discussed before. My memory is that they are packages that didn't
need to get rebuilt for f8.

P.S.
It looks like everything is likely to get rebuilt for f9 based on discussion
I have seen on the mailing lists.

Brian Pepple 01-03-2008 08:53 PM

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 15:33 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 16:18:33 -0200,
> Martin Marques <martin@marquesminen.com.ar> wrote:
> > Why is it that there are .fc7 packages in the fc8 Everything repositories?
> >
> > Shouldn't they all be fc8?
>
> It is OK.
>
> This was discussed before. My memory is that they are packages that didn't
> need to get rebuilt for f8.

That is correct. I believe it was mentioned in the release notes.

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E