Old 01-03-2008, 03:59 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default fusesmb - does nothing, no smbfs/smbmount

Has Fedora user managed to get fusesmb to do anything?

I've created the appropriate config file, pointed fusesmb at a mount
point, and it runs. It just doesn't do anything. Nothing appears under
the mountpoint, and there is no debug message (eg. in syslog).

'fusesmb -d' just seems to print out user accesses to the empty
directory. I'm really looking for ways to debug this further.

'smbclient //myserver/' works fine, so I have reason to believe that
there _are_ SMB shares on my local network.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any smbfs / smbmount in Fedora.

Rich.

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom. Registered in

Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

On 03/01/2008, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> Has Fedora user managed to get fusesmb to do anything?
> Also, there doesn't seem to be any smbfs / smbmount in Fedora.

I think they've become cifs and cifsmount.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

Has Fedora user managed to get fusesmb to do anything?
Also, there doesn't seem to be any smbfs / smbmount in Fedora.

I think they've become cifs and cifsmount.

Right, mount.cifs. That works, thanks.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Stewart Williams

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

Has Fedora user managed to get fusesmb to do anything?

I've created the appropriate config file, pointed fusesmb at a mount
point, and it runs. It just doesn't do anything. Nothing appears
under the mountpoint, and there is no debug message (eg. in syslog).

'fusesmb -d' just seems to print out user accesses to the empty
directory. I'm really looking for ways to debug this further.

'smbclient //myserver/' works fine, so I have reason to believe that
there _are_ SMB shares on my local network.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any smbfs / smbmount in Fedora.

Rich.

Hi Rich.

I think running the fusesmb.cache command sorts this out.

Try:

$ fusesmb.cache --debug

Or:

$ fusesmb.cache --help